Gardening can be more than just a hobby—it can be a way to nourish your family right from your backyard. From crunchy nuts to delicious fruits, there are numerous edible plants that can be grown with ease. Dive into our handpicked selection from Weaver Family Farms Nursery to make your garden not only beautiful but also bountiful.
Black Walnut Tree (Juglans nigra)
The Black Walnut Tree is not only a majestic shade tree but also a source of highly coveted nuts.
- Attributes: This native tree can grow up to 50-75 feet tall and is known for its beautiful dark wood and, of course, the black walnuts it produces.
- Care: Prefers deep, well-draining soil and full sun.
- Uses: Apart from the edible nuts, the wood is used in woodworking and furniture-making.
Aurora Haskap Honey Berry
Add a touch of sweetness to your garden with the Aurora Haskap Honey Berry.
- Attributes: This shrub is known for its larger, sweet, and tangy berries.
- Care: Plant in well-draining soil with regular watering.
- Uses: The berries are perfect for fresh eating, jams, or baked goods.
Pawpaw Tree (Asimina triloba)
The Pawpaw Tree offers a taste that's a delightful blend of banana, melon, and mango.
- Attributes: It is the largest native fruit in North America and can grow up to 20-25 feet.
- Care: Plant in well-draining soil under full sun to partial shade.
- Uses: The aromatic fruits are delicious when eaten fresh or used in desserts.
Hardy Pecan Tree (Carya illinoinensis)
Experience the joy of harvesting pecans right from your backyard with the Hardy Pecan Tree.
- Attributes: This deciduous tree can grow over 100 feet and provides delicious pecan nuts.
- Care: Plant in a sunny spot with deep, moist, well-draining soil.
- Uses: Pecans are used in a variety of dishes, from pies to salads.
Crab Apple Tree
The Crab Apple Tree is a marvel of nature, showcasing vibrant blooms and tangy fruits.
- Attributes: Recognized by its beautiful blossoms that turn into small, edible apples.
- Care: Prefers well-draining soil and full sun.
- Uses: Crab apples are often used to make jellies, sauces, and other culinary delights.
Cultivating an edible garden offers a unique blend of aesthetics and utility. Choose from the selection above to enjoy a garden that feeds the senses and the stomach. Remember, with the right care and attention, these plants from Weaver Family Farms Nursery will thrive, offering you a bounty for years to come.